Vice President Operations Commercial Insurance Vancouver, BC
Amazing growth opportunity! This isn’t your everyday Vice President role…
Are you ready to apply your Commercial Insurance knowledge and expertise in a new, evolving role?
Would you like to make a huge impact to the organization by setting the course for ground up development of the Commercial Lines department?
Would you like to build a team around you and implement best in class processes?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then read on!
Executrade has partnered with our established and growing client who have been providing insurance solutions and protecting families and businesses in the Lower Mainland for over 30 years! As they continue expanding and driving tremendous growth in commercial lines, they are seeking a vital addition to their leadership team, the Vice President Operations – Commercial Insurance.
About the Role
Reporting to the Commercial Program Director, you will be empowered to take charge and lead the development of the Commercial Lines operations to support the sales team and the explosive growth of the business. You will apply your knowledge and experience to create a first-class commercial lines department operation. The scope of this position will evolve with the growth of the business and commercial team at large.
- Managing a rapidly growing commercial book of business (review of renewals & new business)
- Establish and implement standardized policies, procedures, and workflows
- Building the commercial support team – hire, train, manage and mentor
- Developing relationships with producers and insurance partners
- Establish department goals and objectives
- Work with the commercial program director for commentary and market intelligence on programs and standard market business
- Take the lead on development/selection of a new Head Office location
- Conduct bi-weekly team meetings
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience
Plus: Bonus (paid Semi Annually, immediate extended health care/dental, tuition reimbursement, four (4) weeks paid vacation, paid company cell phone.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experienced in all aspects of Commercial lines insurance operations
- Experienced in Developing, Refining and Implementing Processes and Best Practices
- A confident, self starter with proven leadership and team building skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Designations / Certifications:
- Preference will be given to CAIB & CIP holders
- Minimum Level 2 license
Please quote Job Reference # 35572
Please submit your resume directly to Steve Thomas via email at email@example.com or call 587-453-4225.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca