Surety Underwriter – Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Interested Candidates, Please quote Job Reference # 36429
Submit your resume directly to Terry Bhiladwala via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, an industry leader in Surety, is looking to add a highly skilled and detail oriented Surety Underwriter to their team on a remote basis. As a Surety Underwriter, you will be responsible for evaluating and underwriting surety bond applications, assessing risk, and determining appropriate bond terms and conditions. Your expertise in analyzing financial statements, assessing creditworthiness, and evaluating contractual obligations will be essential in ensuring the profitability and risk management of our surety portfolio.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Evaluate and analyze surety bond applications to determine risk and creditworthiness.
- Conduct thorough assessments of financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant documents to assess the financial stability of applicants.
- Review and assess the scope of work, contractual obligations, and legal agreements associated with bond requests.
- Collaborate with brokers, agents, and other stakeholders to gather necessary information and clarify underwriting requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, agents, and internal stakeholders.
- Assess the potential risks associated with bond applications and determine appropriate bond terms, conditions, and premiums.
- Utilize underwriting guidelines, industry standards, and company policies to make informed decisions and ensure consistency in risk evaluation.
- Conduct risk analysis and present recommendations to management for complex or high-value bond requests.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and changes in underwriting practices to make informed decisions.
- Monitor the performance and financial health of existing surety bond accounts in the portfolio.
- Assess ongoing risks associated with existing bond accounts and implement appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
- Identify opportunities for account growth, cross-selling, and upselling within the existing portfolio.
- Collaborate with the claims department to address any surety bond claims and provide expertise in claim resolution.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, internal policies, and underwriting guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and detailed underwriting records, including documentation of decisions, assessments, and communication with stakeholders.
- Participate in audits and provide necessary information and documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of underwriting processes, guidelines, and risk management strategies.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Surety Underwriter or in a similar role within the insurance industry.
- Strong knowledge of surety bonds, underwriting principles, and risk assessment.
- Proficient in analyzing financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant financial documents.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with clients, brokers, and internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to evaluate complex information and make sound underwriting decisions.
- Proficient in using underwriting software, databases, and other relevant tools.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Healthy work/life balance
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca