Structural Engineer Vancouver, BC
Category : Engineering
Location/City : BC – Vancouver
Region : VANCOUVER
Job Type : Permanent
Recruiter Name : Ian Strate
Please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Ian Strate at email@example.com
Our client is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Structural Engineer for their Vancouver area office!
You will be responsible for performing structural analysis and design for a variety of municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures.
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structural related aspects of a project.
- Coordinate and guide technical staff in preparation of contract drawings and documents and other work tasks.
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines (Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and landscaping , etc.)
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, attend site meetings, and carry out field reviews.
- Interact with clients.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registered or eligible for registration within 6 months as a Professional Engineer with APEGA.
- Registration as a Struct.Eng. would be an asset.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in Canada. Experience in tilt-up construction design methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of North American building design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- Proficient in structural engineering design software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- A valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.