Strategic Account Manager Calgary, AB
Founded in 1974, the ECL Group of Companies is a well established, Canadian firm offering an integrated suite of talent management services, aimed directly at helping our clients achieve their corporate goals and objectives.
We are currently looking to further expand our business development team in our Calgary office by adding a dynamic, polished sales professional with a hunter mentality. This individual will report to the Director of Business Development.
The objective of the role is to create market share growth through strategic account development and build long term relationships. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be comfortable liaising with Management to C Suite level leaders and adept at building rapport and trust. If you enjoy a team oriented, collaborative working atmosphere and take a solution oriented, relationship-based approach to selling all while achieving sales targets, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions:
- Build and manage a portfolio of accounts by:
- Identifying and building relationships with key decision-makers.
- Developing and maintaining new client accounts.
- Establishing and maintaining consistent communication through business development calls and effective client visits.
- Ensuring contracts are in place and up to date.
- Effectively using the CRM tool to capture appropriate customer information.
- Conducting account business reviews to see current and future opportunities and ensure their needs are being met through all the lines of business by effective cross-selling.
- Develop strong client relationships by applying consultative solution selling strategies to understand their needs and resolve challenges and issues.
- Create a sales pipeline and successfully close business by:
- Adhering to the corporate sales process.
- Preparing and delivering proposals to client decision makers that address and meet clients’ needs.
- Coordinating sales calls with relevant team members and ensuring appropriate internal parties are kept up to date on sales progress and potential.
- Effectively closing deals that benefit the company and clients while achieving sales targets.
- Expand the business by meeting with clients regularly to cross sell and identify additional service delivery opportunities.
- Meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Establish strong internal relationships with delivery specialists in each line of business to foster collaboration and a team approach to building strategic accounts.
- Participate in targeted sales initiatives as directed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in business or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years’ overall business experience – ideally in the Professional Staffing, Executive Search or PEO industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in business-to-business (B2B) service sales.
- Previous experience in professional services industry a definite asset.
- Experience working with corporate leaders and key decision makers (including the C-Suite) and proven success building relationships at this level and securing business.
- Proven track record of generating leads through cold and warm calling, marketing campaigns, research and networking.
- Intrinsically driven to exceed sales goals and have an innate entrepreneurial spirit.
- Assertive and confident to make decisions in the best interest of the client and company.
- Superior presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to qualify and close deals.
- Highly organized, self-starter mentality with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to take direction and execute a plan.
- Results oriented, resourceful, team player, and have a positive attitude.
- Sound judgment, leadership presence and credibility and strong business acumen.
- Flexibility in hours of work based on the needs and requirements of clients.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Reliable transportation to see clients and a valid driver’s license are required.
Compensation and Benefits:
ECL Group of Companies provides an excellent remuneration package, including base salary, commissions, a comprehensive benefits package, a positive team atmosphere, and definite opportunity for growth and professional development.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca