Senior Underwriter Vancouver, BC
Our client; a specialist insurance company; has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Underwriter. Working within their Downtown Vancouver office you will work with a committed, knowledgeable and experienced group of underwriters. This role offers a competitive wage, pension, 100% employer paid benefits and the chance to work with a company that works daily to give back to the communities they service. If you are looking to work in a collaborative/community minded organization, then look no further!
Responsible for achieving profit and underwriting objectives for a specified portfolio.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Responsible for implementing corporate underwriting strategy while managing a moderate to highly complex book of business
- Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders including clients, brokers and re-insurers
- Responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals and endorsements while ensuring compliance with policies and standards
- Other responsibilities as they relate to the day to day business objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post secondary education required-University or College diploma
- CIP or FCIP designation required
- Min. 5-7 years of experience in commercial property and casualty underwriting required
- Overall experience to financial management methods, insurance risk costs etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
- Ability to organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Excellent analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $75-$80K per year; and will commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also included!
Please quote Job Reference #34632
Please submit your resume directly to Steve Thomas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca