Senior Human Resource Business Partner Edmonton, AB
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
If you are an HR Business Partner who has experience working in a unionized environment with a strong labor relations background this may be the position for you!
Working within a collaborative, engaging interactive team based environment you will provide support and advice to several client groups within the organization to ensure their individual business needs and objectives are met. Experience working in a unionized environment and a background in labor relations is key to success in the is position. Reporting to the Manger of Human Resources, your key account responsibilities and functions will be as follows:
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide HR support to client groups – including employee relations, performance management, attendance and disability management, terminations, ethical or harassment complaints and conflict resolution.
- Partner with client groups on talent management, team design and change management, workforce planning and analysis.
- Provide full cycle recruiting service as required.
- Manage the hiring process to ensure paperwork and orientation completion for new hires as required.
- Work closely with the HR Group in development and implementing a full scope of HR programs across all business units.
- Other HR related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a HR Generalist role with full cycle HR exposure including employee/labour relations.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or post secondary Human Resources Diploma.
- CPHR an asset but not a requirement.
- Experience working in an advisory capacity within a unionized environment including collective agreement interpretation/application and grievance handling.
- Experience with layoff and recall procedures.
- Strong conflict resolution and investigation skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills; strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of collective agreements, employment terms and relevant employee/labour relations.
- Workforce planning and experience creating, implementing and/or facilitating training programs would be an asset.
- Experience working with Oracle an asset.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook and MS Team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others.
- Collaborative, engaging and personable.
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and take initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and recognize key priorities and urgency of issues.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please quote Job Reference 36252
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca