Senior Estimator Edmonton, AB
The Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates and bid proposals in accordance with customer specifications and company standards.
- Preparing detailed quotations for assigned inquiries/project
- compiling itemized estimate sheets from inquiry data sheets and specifications
- sourcing material and services costs and deliveries
- estimating labour requirements and determining approximate delivery schedules
- Maintaining positive customer liaison to refine estimate details and respond to customer
- Acting as a resource to explain customer requirements, as identified during the estimating and clarification process
- Providing input to Business Development, President for assessment of potential sales.
- Attending and participating in bid clarification and pre-award meetings, on
- Reviewing customer purchase orders to verify compliance with the quotation (estimate) and pre-award correspondence.
- Preparing Sales Orders, Job Summary Sheets, and other additional necessary paperwork following job awards.
- Making recommendations to the Sales Manager for potential areas of improvement in the department.
- 5+ years related Estimating experience
- Post secondary education related to Construction, Engineering and/or Design & Drafting Technology
- Experience in pressure vessel manufacturing
- Knowledge of ASME / ABSA Codes
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as data sheets, standards and specifications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills needed, especially in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Sage Estimating and Compress software skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Projects preferred
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Vivian Chan, Research Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote job reference #36127
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca