Senior Estimator BC
Executrade is pleased to partner with our client located in Port Coquitlam, BC in their search for a Senior Estimator. As the Senior Estimator, you will be reporting to the president of the company.
Would you like to work for an over-30 years, employee oriented company?
Do you have any experience in plumbing and estimating background in process plants (food, chemical, animal), pools/community centers, and tilt-up warehouses would be ideal
Design-Build Senior Estimator/Project Manager duties
- Establish sales accounts and contacts in coordination with Management. Making design-build sales calls with developers, general contractors, and construction managers; estimating; bidding; project follow up; securing orders
- Coordinating shop drawings, equipment procurement, equipment deliveries, GC/Owner/Construction Manager liaison, site coordination and project cost control as required
- Manage the projects’ buying process to effectively get the best pricing by selecting alternates where possible, using different reps, etc. from our commercial rep suppliers.
- Develop a project plan/schedule to ensure that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required standard (specification).
- Develop and implement action plans for resolution of conflicts, schedule timeline issues.
- Shop Drawings – Coordinate the processing of shop drawings and submit shop drawings to client
- Estimating/Bidding – Estimating and bidding of projects. Coordinate job closing dates with
- External relationships with suppliers, engineers, building owners, government agencies and
- Participate in industry events such as conferences,
- Identify, monitor and respond to risks.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Provide a monthly management report summarizing the projects’ progress to date.
- Maintain all Change Orders to the contract and updating the project value throughout the project lifecycle
- Strong listening skills and comply with the company’s policies
- Experience with plumbing and estimating background in process plants (food, chemical, animal), pools/community centers, and tilt-up warehouses would be an asset
- Has a strong sense or team work, work together and a can-do attitude
- Foreman at a Mechanical Contractor: 5 Years
- Project Management: 3 Years
- Estimator: 3 years
- Food, Process and Industrial background
- Plumber & Gas Fitter Red Seal Ticket AND/OR HVAC/Refrigeration Red Seal Ticket
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Vivian Chan, Research Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote job reference #36128
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca