Senior Accountant Edmonton, AB
Our client, a privately owned investment company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will possess their CPA designation along with 3+ years of experience in public accounting.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Responsible for consolidation accounting.
- Account reconciliations.
- Draft year end financial statements.
- Foreign investments.
- Provide assistance with income tax compliance.
- Assist with budget projections.
- Ability to import and manipulate data in Excel to create ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Provide support for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting requirements
- Collaborate with external accountants and on-site accounting personnel.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 + years of progressive experience including public practice.
- CPA designation required.
- Working knowledge of ASPE and Canadian tax rules.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Work and Excel.
- Experience with Great Plains and/or Caseware is an asset.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Personable and charismatic.