Regional Underwriting Manager Vancouver, BC
Our downtown Vancouver client is growing! They are currently seeking a Regional Underwriting Manager who specializes in property and casualty underwriting.
If you are looking to work in a collaborative/community minded organization, then look no further!
Leading a team of junior professionals, responsibilities include:
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Manage and monitor the performance and competency of the Regional Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Provide key technical guidance and management to Regional Underwriters.
- Prioritize and manage work-flow and work-load distribution.
- Work with the Regional Vice President to engage and motivate the Regional team and drive a high performance culture across the Region.
- Develop and deliver flexible, specialized and bespoke underwriting solutions to key customer segments.
- Identify key accounts in key customer segments working collaboratively with the broker to provide underwriting, risk control and pricing solutions which assist in ensuring a successful outcome.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Underwriting team and the Operational Risk Committee on key opportunities
- Implement our underwriting strategy and philosophy including communication of and compliance with Corporate Underwriting guidelines together with the effective implementation, management and monitoring of the underwriting referral process within the Region.
- Manage, direct and monitor the effective underwriting and negotiating of key accounts and programs in the Region.
- Ensure customer service standards are met.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers and brokers in the Region.
- Promote our clients customer-focused specialist approach to customer groups and organizations within the community by leveraging the tri-lateral business model.
- Ensure the effective communication and understanding of our clients underwriting strategy both internally and externally
- Develop a detailed understanding of the marketplace (as it relates to our key customer segments) including all competitors in terms of their underwriting strategy, products, coverage, risk appetite and capacity / limits
- Monitor legal, market, business and cultural trends relative to key customer segments; and assist Corporate Underwriting with any product enhancement and product development as requested.
- Manage and monitor the quality and profitability of the Regional portfolio by utilizing all available MI.
- Report quarterly to the Regional Vice President and Corporate Underwriting on the performance of the Regional portfolio by key customer segment and coverage line.
- Manage key accounts including negotiation, underwriting, customer relationships, and risk control initiatives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or College diploma.
- CIP (completed); FCIP (preferred).
- 10+ years insurance experience (commercial property/liability).
- 2+ years Underwriting Management experience (technical focus).
- Experience in and exposure to complex case underwriting, product development, wording development and rate building / pricing strategy.
- Exposure to our clients Canadas key customer segments would be an advantage.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is up to $120K plus per year; and will commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also included!
Please quote Job Reference #34587
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca