Quality Manager Edmonton, Alberta
Our client in Edmonton, AB is looking for a responsible, experienced, and highly self-motivated individual to fill the Quality Manager role within their company. If you are innovative, creative, and a someone that likes to think outside the box when it comes to people and process management, please apply to this opportunity!
As the Quality Manager, you will collaborate with all the departments to come up with the most effective and efficient ways to improve both quality and productivity through various facets of management. You will also establish performance standards, procedures and audit control to ensure business requirements are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leading a cross-functional team to investigate quality issues and recommend technical solutions
- Participate in leadership and plant direction discussions as a key stakeholder in manufacturing
- Develop and maintain control plans and analysis for all new and current programs
- Responsible for internal systems audit.
- Liaison with Customers on quality issues, travel to customer location to orchestrate, sort, confirm issues and conduct investigation.
- Monitor QA systems and advise Leadership team on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals.
- Working closely with Product Manager and R&D to track and resolve open issues pertaining to new product launches, develop control documents and other Customer required quality documentation
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal design reviews, as applicable.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Perform gap analysis between applicable and current QA standards; establish and implement a quality plan to bring the company into recognized QC compliance.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Maintain a constant awareness of company profitability, including budgetary control issues
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in an Engineering, Quality Management or equivalent discipline is required
- 5+ years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and Excel, is required
- Familiar with ERP systems and data management would be preferred
- Please reference Job# 35727
Please apply by sending your resume to Vivian at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Before applying for this position, individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department. Following the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca