Public Work Lead Hand Peace River, AB
It is our pleasure to announce that we have partnered up with the Town of Peace River on the search of a Machine Lead Hand position.
This position will provide assistance to the Superintendent of Public Works in relation to the overall operation and management of the Public Works Department. The ideal candidate will also be expected to maintain a positive working team relationship within the Town organization.
*Please note that this position may require additional hours, on-call and/or shift-work including weekends and evenings above regular scheduled hours – Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Safely perform various assigned duties related to the overall maintenance of the Public Works Department and other agencies of the Town of Peace River.
- To assist as required in the supervision of the Public Works Department in relation to the general operations and maintenance for all municipal infrastructure systems.
- To assist in the project administration including project planning, supervision and reporting, budget preparation and cost control.
- To provide advanced knowledge in relations to the operations and maintenance requirements on municipal infrastructures systems.
- Advanced operation of all Public Work s Department’s small hand tools, power tools, light equipment and heavy equipment.
- Complete assigned duties with no supervision.
- Durations of strenuous physical work may exist.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor
- Ensure assigned duties are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Participation required in departmental safety and operational staff meetings.
- To ensure the safe operation and maintenance of Town owned equipment, facilities and inventories.
- Work together with other employees in a team effort, stressing cooperation and good communication between staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Pre-requisite of Equipment Operator 3 qualifications.
- Advanced Experience in labourer and equipment duties within a municipal environment.
- Advanced Experience with hand and mechanical tools.
- Advanced Experience and operation of light/heavy equipment in relation to all facility equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of a minimum ten (10) pieces of specified equipment identified in Appendix A.
- Advanced knowledge of all municipal infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated experience in project administration including project planning, supervision and reporting, budget preparation and cost control.
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit.
- Air Brakes Endorsement.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications.
- Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- WHMIS/TDG Certification.
- Heavy Equipment Safety in relation to all facility equipment.
- Trenching Safety.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Budget experience.
- Education minimum Grade12 or equivalent.
- Minimum of twelve (12) months experience as Machine Operator 3
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Ian Strate, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote job reference #36392
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca