Project Manager – Mechanical Edmonton, AB
Project Manager – Mechanical
The Project Manager leads, directs and coordinates the daily management of the assigned project(s). This leadership position is accountable for the overall performance of the project including safety performance, costs, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and procedures. More importantly, the Project Manager will manage a successful team and help develop future construction professionals.
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of the Safety Programs and monitoring the safety performance of the project team and subcontractors.
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives and controlling activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the Project Superintendent and Project Team.
- Supervision and development of project team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Administration and management of prime contract and subcontracts; includes negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work as well as review and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget and billings and work with accounting to ensure timely payment of A/R and A/P.
- Review and analysis of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on financial and overall performance of project to Senior Management.
- Foster and maintain positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Progressive experience in General Contracting; direct project management of large projects required.
- 5 or more years of Project Manager experience in mechanical process projects required.
- Technical background in mechanical engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Your demonstrated leadership, project management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Service and results-oriented; you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office and Primavera; experience with the Viewpoint Project Management system will be considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent