Payroll and Benefits Specialist Edmonton, AB
Full-time, permanent Payroll & Benefits Specialist opportunity in Edmonton, AB.
Executrade is excited to partner with our client in their search for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist who will be responsible for the administration of payroll for unionized and non-union staff members, benefit and retirement savings administration, and the supervision of the Human Resource and Payroll Assistant. The successful candidate will have experience in healthcare, multi-unions, and full-cycle payroll.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Oversee and manage all payroll processing and transactions.
- Analyze issues and develop best practices to improve efficiency
- Ensure that payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee personal information, and payroll records.
- Plan, oversee, and perform all payroll year-end processes.
- Oversee and maintain accurate employee payroll records.
- Maintain payroll software program and licensing.
- Respond to all payroll, benefit, and investment-related inquiries.
- Analyze payroll problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Administration of the Collective Agreements for unionized employees.
- Follow Employment Standards legislation for non-union staff.
- Assist in audit operations and implement recommendations for Payroll.
- Enroll and administer eligible employees in company benefit and retirement plans and terminate plan members as needed.
- Manage monthly billing statements.
- Manage and liaison with benefits provider on disability claims.
- Ensure employee benefit premiums are collected for staff on disability and/or LOA’s.
- Provide recommendations about the Benefit plan and RRSP program.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education of a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Human Resources Management, or similar, is an asset.
- 2-5 years’ experience in payroll processing, management of benefit plans.
- Experience administering payroll in an hourly and unionized environment is preferred.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner and/or Certified Payroll Manager designation (Canadian Payroll Association) is an asset.
- Ability to perform all necessary payroll calculations, deductions, wage garnishments, etc.
- In-depth understanding of accounting practices including reconciliations, year-end preparations, journal entries, and general ledger reporting.
- Knowledge of employee/labour relations, onboarding, and performance management.
- Knowledge of employment-related legislation with the ability to interpret and apply provincial and federal legislation as it relates to payroll.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, using a variety of software applications and online tools
Please quote Job Reference #36616
Please submit your resume directly to Jenny Manuntag via email at email@example.com or call Jenny directly at 780-900-8592.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca