Maintenance Manager, Mountain Resort Vancouver, B.C.
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at email@example.com.
Are you an outdoorsy person with a trade and management skills? This really just starts to explain what our client is looking for! Benefits include snowboarding, mountain biking, fishing, hiking and gorgeous scenery.
This is a unique opportunity to join the senior management team at this popular mountain resort located 45 minutes from the TransCanada Highway in the B.C. Coastal Mountains. Managing a team of 6-8 skilled maintenance and construction professionals, this role offers diverse responsibilities as the resort looks to update existing infrastructure while expanding with new facilities.
The Maintenance Manager will need a general understanding of construction and maintenance related to carpentry, electrical, HVAC, water technology, mechanics (you get the idea), and ideally brings a specialized trade of their own. Living onsite, this manager will have report to the General Manager and will be an active participant in planning, projects, budgets and personnel. Our ideal candidate will have previous maintenance and managerial experience ideally based within a hospitality or resort setting.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Long term and short term planning to prioritize the efforts of your maintenance team in regards to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Prioritize and manage costs based on needs. Adjust as needed.
- Regularly inspect and appraise infrastructure needs. Consult with fellow senior management team regarding new capital projects
- Oversee inventories , tools, supplies are adequate for the tasks, bring in outside contractors as needed.
- Responsibility for workplace safety, proper training and mentoring of junior staff, understanding of fire code and building standards.
- Answer for overall guest safety and satisfaction with facilities
- This position can include physical and regular lifting, moving, walking, operating machinery, etc. so being comfortable with a physical role 5-days a week is necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Min of 3 years’ experience in a management position (Maintenance or Construction)
- General or well-rounded experience or certification in the following: electrical, plumbing, gas fitting, boilers, mechanics, pool and water treatment systems, construction
- Excellent communication skills: listening, spoken and written
- Professional manner with guests and employees
- Familiarity with M/S office suite products (Word, Excel)
- Experience operating small and larger equipment
- Previous resort maintenance management experience is a significant asset
- Current B.C. driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- IT system knowledge is an asset
Compensation and Benefits
- On site accommodations included
- Discounts on local restaurants and food store
- Use of recreational facilities
- Use of onsite vehicle
- Salary and benefits
Please quote Job Reference #35764
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 47 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca