IT Director Edmonton, AB
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client, a dynamic and forward-thinking insurance company, is seeking an IT Director. If you are a visionary leader with a passion for technology and a strong background in software development, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Create a culture of exceptional customer service, high performance, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Lead a cross-functional team of developers and quality assurance professionals
- Provide strong leadership in designing solutions that enable our organization to achieve its goals.
- Leverage existing platforms and technologies (e.g., Unit 4, Guidewire, AWS) effectively.
- Improve existing processes, from requirements gathering to release management, ensuring high-quality, secure, and reliable solutions.
- Work with other IT departments, including cybersecurity and business intelligence, to ensure production support and security reviews.
- Participate in strategic planning with senior leadership to establish company-wide strategic objectives.
- Ensure alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements (e.g., OFSI B-13, PCI Compliance).
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development, including 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles, Dev/SecOps, CI/CD pipelines, secure coding practices, and operations management.
- Proficiency in .Net and/or Java
- Experience with Guidewire Cloud is a strong asset.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, testing methodologies, SDLC, and Ci/CD.
- Experience with Jira and Bitbucket.
- Operations management experience in software engineering and infrastructure.
- Passion for continuous learning and growth in the technology field.
Please quote Job Reference #36639
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at email@example.com . No cover letter, please.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 47 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca