Human Resources Business Partner Edmonton, AB
HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
We are excited to partner with our client in their search for a Human Resources Business Partner to join their Acheson location! If you are an experienced and strategic HR professional with a strong and successful track record in providing trusted and value-added advice to leaders, this may be the role for you!
Working within a collaborative, engaging interactive organization, you will be responsible for the support and deliverables related to human resources at the Corporate and Operational Level. Through your strong relationship building skills, you will become a trusted partner with business leaders and managers and will be responsible for developing strategic people solutions that will help support the achievements of the organization.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop and implement annual human resource goals, initiatives, and priorities.
- Work closely with divisional leaders to ensure that workforce future needs and company requirements are assessed through succession planning turnover rate and demographic analysis.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Director to translate business needs into short, medium, and long range workforce plans.
- Develop and update job profiles.
- Assist in directing the recruitment and selection program.
- Develop formal relationships with area universities, colleges and technical schools as a source of future employees.
- Organize and facilitate mass orientations for seasonal workforce.
- Create and facilitate employee development campaigns.
- Oversee training and development planning for the company.
- Retention and engagement activities such as annual engagement surveys, develop action plans corresponding to survey results.
- Develop and implement employee retention and engagement programs.
- Assist in labor relations with labor unions and be involved as need in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Participate in labour relations meetings and procedures (grievance meetings, arbitration/mediation, etc.).
- Act as a resource for local HR team with best practices and interpretation of policies and contracts.
- Monitor compliance with company policies, code of ethics and compensation policies.
- Ability to travel to various business units.
- Other HRBP related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of relevant HR experience; 5 years in an HR Generalist capacity.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration and/or Human Resources.
- CPHR Designation preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized environment, previous involvement in collective bargaining negotiations and labour relations meetings and procedures (standing committee, grievance meetings, arbitration/mediation, etc.).
- Workforce planning and experience creating, implementing and/or facilitating training programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of labour relations, employment standards and human rights legislation.
- Strong conflict resolution and investigation skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills; strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to influence and establish rapport and work well with a diverse group of senior management and staff.
- Advanced MS Office skills, HRIS experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others.
- Collaborative, engaging and personable.
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and take initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and recognize key priorities and urgency of issues.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please quote Job Reference 36589
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca