Are you passionate about building the future?
Executrade is working with a growing development company to find an experienced Site Superintendent with a proven track record in construction management, ideally multi-family or residential projects.
As the Site Superintendent, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction on the site, ensuring adherence to quality standards, and managing the interior finishing phases of projects.
- Take full responsibility for on-site construction activities, ensuring projects are executed efficiently, safely, and in compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
- Manage and coordinate all site operations, including subcontractors, suppliers, and labor, to meet project timelines and quality expectations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting construction drawings, blueprints, submittals, and building specifications, providing clear instructions to the team accordingly.
- Maintain quality control measures throughout the construction process, ensuring that all work meets the highest standards and complies with project requirements.
- Lead and supervise interior finishing phases of projects, ensuring the work is completed and to company standards.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations, fostering a safe work environment for all team members and visitors on-site.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to monitor project budgets, schedules, and resource allocation, identifying and addressing potential delays or cost overruns.
- Proactively identify and address any construction-related issues or challenges that arise during the project, offering effective solutions to keep progress on track.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and motivation to the on-site construction team, encouraging teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Facilitate clear and efficient communication between all stakeholders, including contractors, suppliers, clients, and the management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field is preferred but not mandatory. Equivalent relevant experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience as a Site Superintendent on multi-family, residential, or industrial projects, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, building codes, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, submittals, and building specifications.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Familiarity with interior finishing phases of construction projects.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Proficient in using various construction management software and tools. (Procom preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, fostering positive working relationships with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Commitment to safety and the ability to enforce strict safety protocols on-site.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary dependent on experience
- Comprehensive dental insurance plan
- Company-sponsored Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Generous vacation allowance to encourage work-life balance and ensure you have time to recharge and spend quality time with loved ones.
- Access to an investment program that allows you to participate in the company’s growth and success, fostering a sense of ownership and partnership.
- Performance-based annual bonuses to recognize your contributions and dedication to the success of our projects and company.
Please quote Job Reference #36573
Please submit your resume directly to Brooke Jalbert via email at Brooke.Jalbert@executrade.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca