Human Resources Generalist – Junior Edmonton, AB
We have an exciting opportunity available with a not for profit organization located in central Edmonton. If you are an enthusiastic, highly motivated junior HR Generalist recent HR Grad looking to join an organization that is focused on enriching the lives of everyday Albertans this may be the position for you!
Our client is seeking to fill a newly created HR Generalist role within their organization. You must be flexible, adaptable to change and willing to roll up your sleeves and help where needed. Critical thinking skills are essential to be successful in this position!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, including job postings, resume screening, coordinating interviews and completing reference checks.
- Onboarding and new hire orientation activities including creating training plans.
- Oversee staff exit process including exit interview.
- Work closely with leadership and managers in completing employee performance reviews.
- Support management team to ensure disciplinary action procedures and conflict management timelines are followed; ensure thorough documentation and maintenance of records.
- Assist in the development and updating of the organizations HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain company directory and other organizational charts.
- Administrative based activities such as maintenance of employee files, hire, transfer and termination reports.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum one year of Human Resources experience OR consideration will be given to new graduates with a certificate/diploma/degree in Human Resources Management who can demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and solid understanding of HR ethics and business decision making processes.
- Advanced MS Office skills; quick learner of new programs and databases.
- Solid understanding and strong knowledge of Employment Standards and Alberta Labour Laws.
- Must be a confident self-starter with exceptional communication skills and have the ability to multitask.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain a high level of professionalism.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary will be based on experience along with a generous benefit package.
Please quote Job Reference 36533
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca