Heavy Equipment Technician Cochrane, AB
Executrade is currently seeking a highly skilled Heavy Equipment Technician or seasoned 4th-year apprentice to join our client’s team. In this role, you will utilize your expertise and technical experience to inspect, maintain, and repair a diverse range of heavy equipment.
As a Heavy Equipment Technician, you will be responsible for the following:
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair: Perform inspections, diagnose mechanical issues, and execute maintenance and repairs on a variety of heavy equipment, including loaders, forklifts, skid steers, log loaders, and fleet trucks.
- Troubleshooting and Diagnosis: Ability to analyze complex mechanical problems and perform diagnostic tests. Identify faulty components, recommend appropriate solutions, and execute repairs effectively.
- Preventive Maintenance: Implement regular maintenance schedules and procedures to prevent breakdowns and optimize equipment performance. Perform lubrication, fluid changes, and component replacements to extend the lifespan of heavy equipment.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, inspections, and repair reports. Provide detailed documentation of parts used and hours worked. Collaborate with the maintenance team to ensure efficient workflow and effective communication.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and protocols, promoting a safe working environment.
- Heavy Equipment Technician Experience: 3 years of experience as a Heavy Equipment Technician is preferred. A solid understanding of heavy equipment mechanics, diagnostics, and repair procedures is essential. CVIP Certification: Possessing a valid CVIP certification is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with inspection requirements and the ability to ensure compliance with commercial vehicle safety standards are key. Technical Expertise: Strong knowledge of heavy equipment systems, including hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components. Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics. Experience using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Flexibility and Availability: Ability to work 10-hour and 8-hour shifts, including night shifts and weekends. Willingness to embrace overtime opportunities as needed to meet operational demands.
Benefits and Perks:
As a valued member of our team, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Company Events
• Company Pension
• Dental Care
• Vision Care
• Disability Insurance
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• On-site Parking
• Paid Time
Off Ability to Commute/Relocate: You must have the ability to reliably commute or be willing to relocate to Cochrane, Alberta, possible employer-provided relocation package.