Journeymen Technician Weyburn, Saskatchewan
We are seeking an exceptional Journeymen Technician specializing in Agriculture Equipment for a position based in Weyburn,SK. As a Journeymen Technician, you will be responsible for performing a wide range of maintenance, repair, and diagnostic tasks on various agriculture equipment brands. This includes equipment from reputable brands such as Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Rogator, Bourgault, Morris, Cub Cadet, and CAT agricultural products. Your expertise will contribute to ensuring the optimal performance and reliability of our equipment.
- Conduct diagnostics, electrical work, general repairs, and maintenance on a diverse range of agriculture equipment, including but not limited to tractors, combines, sprayers, loaders, telehandlers, skid steer loaders, and excavators.
- Perform pre-delivery inspections and updates to equipment, ensuring they meet quality standards before delivery to customers.
- Collaborate with a team of technicians to troubleshoot and find effective solutions for complex repair and diagnostic challenges.
- Utilize computer and electrical diagnostics, including CANBUS troubleshooting and the use of Electronic Scan Tools, to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Maintain detailed and accurate work records, including comprehensive notes on work orders and recommendations for additional work or improvements required.
- Work both in the shop and in the field as needed, ensuring timely and efficient completion of tasks.
- Stay updated with manufacturer training to enhance technical knowledge and skills.
- Adhere to safety protocols and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Journeyperson certification as an Agriculture Equipment Technician, Heavy Equipment Technician, or Heavy Duty AG Mechanic is preferred. Consideration will also be given to apprentices or candidates with other relevant trade qualifications.
- Prior experience working with agriculture equipment is a bonus, but not mandatory. Familiarity with farming or agricultural practices will be advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find effective solutions for complex repair and diagnostic challenges. Proficiency in computer and electrical diagnostics, including CANBUS troubleshooting and the use of Electronic Scan Tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in maintaining accurate work records. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to safety protocols and compliance with regulations.
- Competitive hourly wage with a field premium for work performed in the field. Comprehensive benefits package. RRSP matching program.
- Positive company culture and the opportunity to work with a diverse and talented team. Access to a wide range of equipment, providing continuous challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
- Paid factory training, both online and in person, to enhance your technical knowledge and skills.
- Tenure bonuses for long-term employees.