Human Resource/Administrative Manager Edmonton, AB
HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Executrade is thrilled to partner with a dynamic and growing company in the construction industry, seeking a highly motivated and organized HR & Administrative Manager to join their Sherwood Park team! This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to multiple areas of the business, including human resources, payroll and accounting administration, employee relations, policy development, and general administrative support. If you are a detail-oriented and analytical problem solver, we encourage you to apply!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Update and create HR policies in alignment with company goals and legal requirements.
- Oversee employee relations, addressing concerns and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Conduct performance management activities, including performance reviews and goal setting.
- Assist in recruiting efforts, including ad writing, pre-screening candidates, conducting interviews, and checking references.
- Onboarding and offboarding activities for workers.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for employees traveling to various work sites.
- Administer benefits programs and address employee inquiries related to benefits.
- Review and process daily timesheets and bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepare payroll related documentations such as T4’s and ROE’s.
- Manage AP and AR operations; processing invoices and expense reports, collections and payments.
- Utilize Bamboo and Ceridian Payroll systems to process and maintain accurate payroll records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant payroll laws and regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
- Post secondary education in Administration, Business management or other related fields.
- Experience with basic accounting functions.
- Previous experience working in the construction industry is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Bamboo and Ceridian Payroll systems a strong asset.
- Experience with accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Payroll administration experience without formal designation.
- knowledge of and experience in HR related functions such as recruitment, labor laws and performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Experience with updating and creating HR policies and employee handbooks.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, particularly in travel arrangements.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary to commensurate with experience. Please note that position requires a 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. workday with a one hour lunch.
Please quote Job Reference 36448
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca