Research & Development Edmonton, AB
Our client is a world-renowned textile manufacturer and supplier, taking pride in delivering high quality fabrics and customer experience. They are looking for a Product Development Analyst to join the team. This amazing opportunity requires you to work closely with sales, marketing, and various other operations team members for the successful development and commercialization of new and existing products.
If you are an organized and detailed individual who would like to join a growing company, with various team building activities and an excellent work-life balance, this is the job for you!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Work with purchasing and suppliers to source and test products and packaging.
- Deliver insights and make suggestions for strategies which provide solutions & growth for our customers.
- Work closely with marketing and sales to deliver technical support, explain product requirements, manage product launches ensuring staff are trained and products meet yield and quality standards.
- Manage product development projects. Conduct research and testing of new products, packaging techniques and process techniques.
- Arrange samples for customers and internal presentation – Coordinate distribution with stakeholders.
- Perform product evaluation of competitive products – research competitors, track retail price movements, promotional activity, and new product launches across the trade.
- Develop and maintain quality management procedures, ensure product quality on new product testing, receipt, and dispatch of customers.
- Develop product specification, operating procedures, and processes critical to quality product specifications. Analyze and interpret sales and market data to identify and understand consumer shopping behavior and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Related experience in the textile industry is desired.
- Ideally experience in research and product development, textile product development & project management.
- Post-secondary education in textiles is desired.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team leader.
- Manage continuous improvement projects.
- Computer literacy
- Analytical skills; problem solver, critical thinker, attention to detail.
- Curiosity for their work, drive to ask questions in order to understand and apply different facets of the business to projects.
Please quote Job Reference #36447
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Ian Strate, Division Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca