Financial Analyst Edmonton, AB
We are looking for an accomplished CFA designated Financial Analyst. As a Financial Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in analyzing and interpreting financial data, conducting market research, and providing critical insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making and optimize financial performance.
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis, including financial modeling, forecasting, and valuation, to evaluate the company’s financial health, identify trends, and assess potential risks and opportunities.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and presentations for management, shareholders, and regulatory bodies, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting principles and regulations.
- Conduct thorough market research and industry analysis to identify emerging trends, competitive landscape, and potential investment opportunities that impact the company’s financial performance and growth strategy.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and potential acquisitions, conducting due diligence, analyzing financial statements, and assessing the financial feasibility and risks associated with each opportunity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and monitor budgets, forecasts, and financial plans, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and providing recommendations for cost optimization and revenue enhancement.
- Track and analyze key financial metrics, operational KPIs, and industry benchmarks to monitor business performance, identify areas for improvement, and develop strategies to drive profitability and operational efficiency.
- Identify financial risks and develop risk management strategies by assessing market conditions, regulatory changes, and internal controls to mitigate potential threats to the company’s financial stability.
- Prepare clear and concise financial reports, presentations, and recommendations for senior management, investors, and other stakeholders, effectively communicating complex financial concepts in a comprehensive manner.
- Stay updated with relevant financial regulations, accounting standards, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and recommend adjustments to financial processes and reporting as necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including accounting, operations, and executive leadership, providing financial expertise, insights, and recommendations to support strategic decision-making and drive overall company performance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is required.
- Proven experience as a Financial Analyst in a public firm or similar financial setting.
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis techniques, financial modeling, and valuation methods.
- Proficient in financial reporting standards, accounting principles, and regulatory compliance.
- Advanced skills in financial software and tools, including Excel, financial modeling software, and ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian financial industry, market trends, and regulatory environment.