Commercial Underwriter British Columbia
We are always looking to add qualified, competent Commercial Underwriters to our talent pool. Our clients, from national brokerages to managing general agencies, are seeking Commercial Underwriters to support in the growth and profitability of their portfolios of business and efficiently underwrite risks. These roles offer both hybrid and fully remote work models.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Review and underwrite new, renewal and endorsements of moderate-high complexity
- Support underwriting of renewal business for Senior Underwriters
- Manage, strengthen, and grow a book of profitable business
- Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations, and broker visits
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews
- Interact with brokers for all transactions
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within capping and deviation authority limits
- Participate, encourage, and build key broker partner relationships
- Attend industry-related seminars and events as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications
- CIP designation complete or in progress
- 3+ years of underwriting experience
- Review quote requests and applications to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business
- Review and process renewals, endorsements, and cancellations
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers
- Liaise with personal lines, claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts, and solving problems
- Attend industry functions
- Various other duties as required.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
- Possess sound technical underwriting judgment
- Ability to organize and complete work on time and within budget
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective and professional negotiation, selling and advocating skills
Please quote Job Reference #36340
Please submit your resume directly to Jenny Manuntag via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny directly at 780-900-8592
We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.