Intermediate Accounting Clerk Edmonton, AB
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounting Clerk to join an organization in South Edmonton! This is a one year term position with the possibility of extension. If you are looking to join a positive, fun, fast paced organization that offers a hybrid work schedule apply today – position is available to start immediately!
Working within a small tight knit team you will be responsible for ensuring a timely and accurate completion of the tasks below.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Prepare and assist with month end procedures for various general ledger accounts (AP, AR, prepaid expense, deferred revenue account, inventory, revenue and expense accounts).
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all financial data submitted.
- Act as the first line contact with vendors and clients regarding billing inquiries.
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly variance reports.
- Assist with budget preparation or routine expenditures.
- Process and enter invoices for payment, match invoices with purchase orders, and check for accuracy.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, assist with preparation for any internal or external audits or independent reviews being conducted.
- Organize and file all documents as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
- Working towards CPA Designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Strong understanding of all general accounting procedures.
- Advanced MS Word and Excel skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player; quick learner and a team player.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary is in the range of $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience. Free parking is provided.
Please quote Job Reference 35945.
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca