Human Resources Supervisor Edmonton, AB
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST/ SUPERVISOR
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced HR Professional to join a busy and growing manufacturing organization in south Edmonton. Reporting directly into the HR Manager, you will be responsible for the following key responsibilities and functions. Experience working in a unionized manufacturing organization is a must have requirement for this position.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Administer and coordinate all HR Administrative Operating Procedures.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to a team of 4.
- Oversee performance reviews, HR administration and benefit program.
- Assist in the development of HR policies and procedures.
- Design organizational charts, job descriptions and assist in compensation review and union rate negotiations.
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Develop and deliver training sessions as needed.
- Lead administrative staff meetings, plan, and participate in employee engagement activities.
- Maintain up to date employee files in compliance with PIPA regulations.
- Recommend to management employee relation practices necessary to build a positive work culture and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participate in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forward.
- Assist in the implementation of company safety and health programs.
- Other HR related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience – administration, benefits, and training development, high preference for experience working within the manufacturing industry.
- 3-4 years experience working with or in a unionized payroll environment.
- Professional HR Designation preferred.
- Post secondary diploma.
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook and MS Team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others.
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and take initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and recognize key priorities and urgency of issues.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience. Generous vacation package and pension plan available.
Please quote Job Reference 36200.
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca