Human Resource Specialist Nisku, AB
HUMAN RESOURCE/PAYROLL SPECIALIST
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Professional with payroll experience to join a busy and growing organization in Nisku!
This is a newly created role within a growing organization that requires an experienced HR Specialist with payroll experience. The successful candidate will have experience working within a unionized environment and dealing with employee grievances as well as payroll data entry and benefits administration. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high degree of discretion and experience managing highly confidential information. Experience with Aimsio and/or Criterion Software a strong asset! Please note that this is an in office position, not a work from home or hybrid role.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Data entry of field staff and employee hours into Criterion.
- Assist with date migration and implementation of a new HR/Payroll software system.
- Act as main point of contact between field staff and office.
- Oversee and manage all employee concerns and grievances.
- Implement and update all HR related policies, procedures and processes.
- Act as main point of contract for all staff in relation to vacation and benefits questions/concerns; management of benefit program.
- Build performance management system into new software.
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding if needed.
- Other HR related tasks as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of HR and payroll experience in a manufacturing/blue collar union environment.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources.
- Experience with entering payroll hours; verifying payroll information (union & non union staff).
- Experience managing employee concerns and grievances in a union based environment.
- Strong knowledge of all current Employment & Labour laws.
- Proven ability to update existing and create new HR policies, procedures and best practices.
- Experience overseeing benefit and disability claims.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive, how can I help team player attitude is a must!
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience. 3 weeks vacation plus 11 recognized statutory holidays.
Please quote Job Reference 36369
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Laurie Brooks at email@example.com
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca