Human Resource Manager – People and Culture Manning, BC
Human Resource Manager People and Culture
Location Valley of British Columbia
Is your dream to work at a four season, family-friendly resort in the heart of the Cascade Mountains that offers year-round camping, kayaking, skiing, accommodation and plus more? A great place to work and staff housing is included!
As a member of the Resort Leadership team, you will participate in the master plan development process for future growth and develop and mentor all staff within all departments.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will understand what motivates and engages people. You are an excellent communicator with knowledge and experience regarding current labour laws, health and safety practices, policy development and implementation as well as identifying quality talent. You are an outside the box thinker looking for new ways to achieve desired outcomes and seeking an opportunity to put your stamp on a rising organization.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop, refine and support the existing recruitment, training, recognition and retention strategies
- Advise and coach hiring managers on the recruitment process and best practices for sourcing top candidates
- Direct hiring, onboarding and off-boarding procedures
- Assist in enhancing workplace environments to increase employee satisfaction and exceed guest expectations
- Lead the Occupational Health and Safety committee to ensure current compliance and expanded initiatives
- Assist in further creating the culture of the Resort being a preferred employer
- Operate at the forefront of HR
- Support and grow existing support initiatives such as on-site medical services for staff
- Oversee staff housing assignments and work with our Staff Housing Manager
- Participate as a member of MPRs Leadership team
- Sit as a member of Canada West Ski Area Associations HR Committee
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years related Human Resources experience including people and culture, developing and supporting successful, high functioning teams
- Proficient MS Office skills, Word, Excel and HR related software
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve in a continually evolving work environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership, teamwork and decision-making abilities
- Longer term vision to assist in future planning for continued Resort growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Second language is an asset
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimum $60,000 annual salary
- Free staff housing
- Extended health care plan
- Free season pass for all activities
- Food and retail discounts to the Country Store, Restaurant and Pub
- Staff reciprocal season pass including discounts or free skiing at up to 20 local ski areas
Please quote Job Reference #35095
Please submit your resume directly to Laurie Brooks via email at email@example.com.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca