Food Production Plant Manager – Toronto Toronto, ON
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at email@example.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Plant Manager who can develop and implement innovative and sustainable strategies to maximize productivity, streamline workflows, and reduce waste to ensure top-notch quality in the food industry.
With a strategic mindset and hands-on approach, you will lead a dedicated team of professionals, cultivating a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring that all aspects of the plant’s operations runs like a finely tuned machine.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Oversee and help to improve daily operations and efficiencies for manufacturing, warehousing, and maintenance within the facility.
- Responsible for direct management of three shift supervisors, maintenance manager, continuous process improvement manager and maintenance supervisor.
- Ensure production meets quality and food safety compliance for all lines of business.
- Assist to develop short and long-term strategic direction and budgets for all operational departments (including warehouse, maintenance, and shipping).
- Enforce all health and safety standards.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to manage employee hiring, development, and performance management.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement capital improvement projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum seven years of experience in food production, inventory management, supply chain, or operations management.
- University degree or college diploma in engineering or manufacturing management is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, and/or Lean Manufacturing is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills with the ability to conflict resolve to ensure effective communication between teammates.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word), as well as JD Edwards.
- Must be able to work with continuous noise (above 80dBA). Hearing protection is mandatory (provided). Annual hearing tests are administered.
- Temperatures within the facility may be above normal during summer months.
- Facility contains common food allergens such as nuts.
Please quote Job Reference #36410
Please submit your resume directly to Kevin Pedersen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . No cover letter, please.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 47 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca