Financial and System Analyst Edmonton, Alberta
Are you interested in working at a place with a fantastic reputation and culture? Our client is looking to hire a driven Financial and Systems Analyst. This role will report into the Senior Director, Finance. You will be responsible for supporting accounting and analytical tasks associated with monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Financial statements and schedules, month end close requirements, bank and account reconciliations, variance analysis, contributing to the annual budget preparation, as well as the interim review/audit and year-end audit requirements.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
· A degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field.
· CPA or CFA designation or equivalent project management/ systems analyst experience.
· 5+ years experience with systems implementation and/or systems administration
Planning, Organizing and Integrating
· Highly competent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project Management). Must be very strong working with Excel with abilities in pivot tablea and lookup functions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prepare accurate, comprehensive, clear, and concise financial reports.
- Highly organized, detail oriented team player with a positive and get it done attitude, that follows through with their commitments
- Strong project management skills with experience in systems implementation and/or systems administration is an asset.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and work concurrently on a variety of projects.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
· Results-focused and creative leader who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
· Business acumen, including understanding of business practices and ability to analyze and assess business processes.
· Ability to analyze financial information and pull out the necessary information for effective strategic planning.
· Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
· Ability to mentor and lead through influence in a tightly knit team environment
- Act as system administrator for all financial systems including, but not limited to: Sage 300, RBC Express, Moneris, Workiva.
- Act as Finance support for all corporate systems including but not limited to: CRM Dynamics, Cvent, Cognera, Origami Risk, Effortless Admin.
- Maintain set up, end user and security documentation related to financial systems and corresponding business processes.
- Identify efficiencies related to business processes and provide insightful analysis with integration of all financial systems.
- Act as finance support for all systems related and administration projects and liaison with various internal system consultants to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Review, documentation and analysis of current finance processes.
- Assist with identifying process improvements and efficiencies of current financial processes
- Implementation of approved process improvements including set up, staff training, and monitoring of effectiveness
- Build templates and upload scripts as required to improve efficiencies within the financial system.
- Assist with analysis of financial statements, forecasts, and agency & administration fees as required.
- Assist with administration of annual budget process,
- Act as leave coverage/support for other Finance staff as necessary.
- Assist with other Finance duties as requested by Senior Director, Finance.