My client in the surety bonding industry with operations throughout Canada is looking for a Finance Analyst to join its dedicated, forward-thinking team. This position will be involved in the underwriting process to pre-qualify businesses for the construction industry as well as develop and maintain business relationships with brokers and clients.
- Underwriting: Responsible for the maintaining, practicing and implementation of the contract surety policies, guidelines, procedures and operating processes for the geographical area of responsibility including assigned contracting accounts and brokers.
- Service: Provide high levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Participate and contribute to a cohesive and functional group environment. Assist where needed and required through policy, procedure, guideline, underwriting support and external business related matters.
- Financial Analysis: Analysis of Balance sheet and assets, Liabilities. review and analysis of Year end statements
- Variance and Risk reporting: review of historical data and forward looking trends to build risk reports
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- CPA or CFA designation or studying towards or Post-Secondary degree, Commerce or Business Administration, preferably in accounting or finance,
- Be analytical, curious, willing to learn, organized and accurate with data
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Enhanced level of analytical review of financial statements.
- Surety, financial institution or construction experience would be considered an asset.