Excavator Operator Peace River, AB
Our client is a municipality in the Public Works Department seeking a lead hand role, responsible for overseeing team members and coordinating work across multiple areas while providing excellent leadership.
Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and if you’re looking for stability, growth, and numerous learning opportunities, this is the job for you!
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Work with machine operators and laborer’s relative to the general operations and maintenance for all municipal infrastructure systems.
- Adhere to Federal, Provincial and AWWA standards while operating & sustaining Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection systems.
- Contribute comprehensive knowledge regarding operations and maintenance requirements on municipal infrastructure systems.
- Perform essential services to our community as an integral part of the team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Driver’s license required – Valid Alberta class 3 drivers’ license with air brakes endorsements.
- Minimum Level of education required– High school Diploma.
- Comprehensive knowledge in relation to municipal infrastructure systems
- Demonstrate basic skills of computer programs/applications.
- Supervisory and administration skills
- Five years clean drivers abstract.
- Hand and mechanical tools competency
- Experience in operating various light/heavy facility equipment
- Lift 25lbs throughout the day
- Certifications required – Standard first aid/CPR certificate, WHMIS/TDG certificate.
- Equipment Safety and Trenching Safety
- Adept & capable in the operation of a minimum ten from the below equipment list:
- Motorized grader
- Tandem axle dump truck
- Single axle dump truck
- Snow plow sander truck, tandem axle, c/w plow
- Snow plow sander truck, single axle, c/w plow
- Vacuum truck
- Hydrovac truck
- Street sweeper
- Water truck 3000
- Loader, rubber tire
- Loader, tracked
- Bobcat, skid steer, c/w attachments
- SMI Snow blower, loader mounted
- Backhoe Loader, rubber tire
- Compaction equipment, vibratory steel roller
- Sewer flusher equipment
The Following is considered an asset.
- Heavy Equipment safety relative to all facility equipment
- Certification – Heavy Equipment Operator from an established training facility
- Certification – Water Distribution/ Wastewater Collection certificates issued by Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP).
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Ian Strate, at email@example.com
Please quote job reference #36392
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca