Environmental Remediation Lead Calgary, AB
We are seeking an Environmental Remediation Lead, for our Calgary office, to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be have at least 8 years of experience in a consulting environment developing and implementing remediation plans for complex sites. This job is combined office and field based and at times will require travel throughout Alberta with potential to work in other jurisdictions. The Remediation Lead will work in an integrated team of ecologists, biologists, soil scientists, hydrogeologists, and engineers to deliver a variety of environmental projects.
- Developing and implementing remediation / risk management plans for complex sites.
- Overseeing the completion of environmental site assessment, groundwater, remediation, and reclamation projects.
- Lead complex field programs including internal teams and third-party contractors.
- Lead the preparation Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase 2 ESAs, Detailed Site Assessments (DSAs) and vegetation assessments
- Project Management and client liaison including the oversight of project budgets, tracking project status, and making recommendations to clients to progress sites towards regulatory closure
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary subject matter experts to conduct risk assessments and develop site specific remediation guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, regulators, landowners, and other stakeholders
- Compile various technical documents including DSA reports, Phase 2 ESA reports, remediation reports to support regulatory closure applications
- Work closely within multidisciplinary teams (biological services, subject matter experts, data management, GIS) to successfully execute client projects and programs
- Provide mentorship, support, and training to junior team members
- A minimum of 8 years of consulting experience related to environmental site assessment, remediation and/or risk management
- Good understanding of the Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines and associated technical guidance documents.
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements in Alberta (AEP and AER), knowledge of British Columbia (CSR and OGBC) and Saskatchewan regulations will be considered an asset
- AEP SST certification is considered an asset
- Experience with the 2010 Reclamation Criteria for Wellsites and Associated Facilities will be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel and be in the field as dictated by project requirements
- Ability to work remotely from a home-based office
- University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
- Registration or eligibility to obtain designation with a professional organization in Alberta (i.e, Alberta Institute of Agrologists, APEGA, etc).
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Highly organized and with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Vivian Chan, Research Associate at email@example.com
Please quote job reference #36108
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca