Electrical Engineer Calgary, AB
Our client is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. They pride themselves as the market leader in the Oil & Gas processing industry with a specialization in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects.
Our client is looking to add an Electrical Engineer to their growing team. You will be reporting to the Manager of the Process Engineering department. As an Electrical Engineer, you must be meticulous in your works, having strong attention to details is a must skill. The successful candidate must be proficient in medium and low voltage power distribution design.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Candidate must be proficient in medium, and low voltage power distribution design
- Must be familiar with electrical safety and code compliance requirements.
- Develop electrical designs for projects or proposals in a detailed and accurate manner
- Analyze vendors or subcontractors requirements and specification, and provide feedbacks and suggestions accordingly
- Review peers’ works to ensure quality consistency and integrity of design throughout projects
- Perform quality control – ensure all discipline deliverables are verified and up to standard
- Perform estimating in: engineering man-hour, schedule, timelines, milestones ETAs, labour …etc
- Develop and evaluate electrical equipment and construction specifications
- Perform engineering for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development, technical evaluation / recommendation and vendor drawing approvals.
- Provide electrical input for DBM, detailed scope of work, and PEP coordinating with all concerned disciplines.
- Provide engineering support during construction including field engineering, inspection and special studies
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess Electrical Engineer degree from a recognized Canadian Institution
- Must provide proof of P. Eng designation
- 5 – 9 years of electrical oil and gas experience.
- EPCM background is a MUST
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Experience with various electrical codes and standards (i.e. CSA, IEEE, API) Ability to coordinate other engineering disciplines required.
Please reference Job# 35828
Please apply by sending your resume to Vivian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Before applying for this position, individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department. Following the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca