Design Drafter Edmonton, AB
We are happy to announce that we have partnered up with an Edmonton based Engineering consulting firm and they have been providing services since the 1970s.
Our client is in the process of expanding their Mechanical Department which specialized in designing HVAC systems in various sectors such as residential, commercial, institution …etc
If you are ready for the challenge and looking to work for an employee-focused company, please go ahead and apply!
- Collect client and project information and prepare electrical designs in accordance with best practice design and relevant codes and standards.
- Use Revit to prepare 3D Building Information (BIM) models and export to 2D drawing sets.
- Use calculation software like HAP and Trace to complete engineered designs for review.
- Coordinate mechanical design with Architecture, Structural, Electrical, Civil and other project consultants under the direction of the project Engineer.
- Visit project site to collect required information.
- Visit Construction site to complete construction reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project engineers.
- Minimum 2 years of design experience in HVAC, plumbing & piping, fire protection, controls, and building systems.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Technology program.
- Registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist with ASET is preferred, but not essential.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and BIM (Revit).
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards in building electrical engineering and consulting.
- A basic understanding of mechanical engineering concepts.
- Experience in HAP or Trace is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with other disciplines, and team members.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
- LEED® or similar green building certification is an asset.
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Vivian Chan, Research Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote job reference #36135
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca