Cost Accountant Edmonton, AB
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounting function including, but not limited to, the processing of payables, payroll, and accounts receivable. This position is also responsible for compiling, reviewing, reporting, and analyzing operational results and key performance indicators. The Cost Accountant will conduct finished goods costing analysis and margin review as well as providing a recommended selling price. This role will also be responsible for assisting the Controller in preparation of annual operating budgets (and interim estimates), prepares internal financial reports, and conducts variance analysis to budget
and last year.
- Manage the accounting operations including hourly payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reporting.
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control current processes which impact customer
- quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes, and procedures.
- Work with the sales team on product pricing, costing, and margin management.
- Monitor accounts receivable and customer payment terms.
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly
- accounting statements.
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating and capital budgets and iterim estimates.
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets.
- Assist departmental managers in the development and administration of their budgets.
- Monitor accounts payable to ensure that purchases and expenditures are within budget and in accordance with
- company policies.
- Compile weekly operational metrics and present to the Leadership team.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and performance evaluation of Finance personnel.
- Other related duties as required or assigned
This is an In-Office role in Edmonton.
PLEASE CONTACT: JESSE JACOBSON | 587.453.4242