Controller Calgary, AB
You will be the management link between leadership, staff, and corporate accounting; a proactive problem solver who respond quickly to stakeholder actions. You are responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations of the corporation, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial results.
- Spearheading the annual financial planning process for the group of companies.
- Benchmarking company performance to uncover issues in the cost structure.
- Preparing variance analysis to highlight opportunities for cost control.
- Negotiating contracts for goods/ services categorized as administrative expenses.
- Taking responsibility for quality of all deliverables of the Finance function.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Reviewing and presenting monthly financial statements.
- Reviewing and presenting monthly management reports for various stakeholders – Board of Directors, executives, shareholders, lenders and subsidiaries.
- Ensuring sub ledgers are reconciled to the GL and financial data in different systems are aligned.
- Coordinating the annual review of the financials by the external accountant c. Financial Operations.
- Becoming the resident expert on the financial reporting system and help resolve system issues and offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Overseeing treasury operations to optimize debt and cash balances.
- Administering the employee equity purchase program.
- Building a relationship with the banking partner to resolve cash management issues.
- Managing the premium financing loan portfolio.
- Establishing policies and procedures to enhance the system of internal controls.
- Managing credit risk by monitoring receivables and supporting delinquent client resolution process.
- Coaching and Mentoring the Team
- Understand and follow all EOS tools and participate in all required Meeting Pulse.
- Lead, manage and hold your team accountable.
- Participate in hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
- Coaching and developing the team to scale with the operations.
- Cross training teammates to ensure business continuity.
- Implementing an accountability structure to create a high performing team.
Education and Experience
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of financial statements
- Financial modeling skills using advanced excel functions.
- Experience as subject matter expert in the financial module of an ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work with senior executives.
- A mature approach to Problem solving by diving deeper and considering broader business implications.
- Experience managing a team and developing people.
- Sense of responsibility in upholding confidentiality and protecting the company assets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Mark Hogan | T: 587.453.4234 | E:Mark.Hogan@executrade.com | www.executrade.com