Commercial Lines Underwriter Vancouver, BC
Commercial P&C Underwriter – Vancouver!
Our client, a national brokerage is looking for a P&C Commercial Underwriter to join their team. Reporting to the Commercial Lines Manager, you’ll be instrumental in the growth and profitability of their portfolio of business as well efficiently underwriting risks.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Review and accept New Business risks to maximize growth opportunities of assigned book of business.
- Review and determine eligibility for policy renewals with a focus on maintaining retention levels following guidelines.
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity.
- Review and address findings from Loss Control reports.
- Maintain and update policy data and required documentation for policy decisions.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior team members.
- Lead by example, maintaining and promoting service standards for all transactions.
- Provide underwriting advice and respond to inquiries from brokers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaise with all other departments on mutual concerns.
- Internally and externally build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Conduct strategic broker visits to communicate underwriting appetite and foster profitable growth.
- Attend industry functions as required.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years experience in Property and Casualty insurance.
- Post secondary education considered an asset.
- CIP/FCIP designation or working towards considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience using MS Office products.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary – $80K to $90K depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits.
Please quote Job Reference #36147
Please submit your resume directly to Aisha Mitchell via email at email@example.com or call Aisha directly at 825-203-9632
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca