Commercial Insurance Supervisor Edmonton, AB
New Opportunity for Commercial Insurance Supervisor, Edmonton AB.
Our client, a well-established insurance brokerage based out of Edmonton, AB is looking for a Commercial Insurance Supervisor, reporting to the VP of Client Relations. Acting as a communication bridge between the front-line and management, you will have oversight for the daily tasks of the service team and aligning projects with business goals. You will also serve as the face of the company, interacting with customers and carriers alike. Along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, you will also gain a wealth of support towards your career development goals.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Providing leadership and mentorship through coaching and communication to enhance employee performance.
- Setting objectives and managing successful employee output.
- Manage and balancing workloads and scheduling workflows.
- By example, promotion and oversight, ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and underwriting guidelines.
- Develop and support critical thinking and problem-solving skills within the service departments.
- Support the development and implementation of business process change and improvement.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Management and meeting department targets as outlined.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Build positive and functional internal and external working relationships.
- Account Manager team support, as needed.
- Office support related duties as required.
- Attend necessary courses and industry events to maintain licenses.
- Take management training courses, as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Level 2 Insurance license preferred.
- CIP or CAIB designation preferred.
- 2 to 4 years’ in a leadership position.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience within an independent commercial insurance brokerage.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience as a commercial lines account manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with The Agency Manager, Policy Works, Microsoft Office Suite or comparable computer systems.
- Experience with Renewal and Accounts Receivable processes.
- Experience in career planning and team development would be an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Please quote Job Reference #35517
Please submit your resume directly to George Hoadley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call George directly at 780-944-1379.
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca