Associate or Jr. P&C Underwriter – Toronto Toronto, ON
Jr. Commercial P&C Underwriter, Toronto
Our client, a specialist insurance company and equal opportunity employer located in Toronto ON, is looking for a Junior Underwriter to join their team. You’ll be working with a committed, knowledgeable and experienced group of underwriters. This role offers a competitive wage, pension, 100% employer paid benefits and the chance to work with a company that works daily to give back to the communities they service.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals and endorsements while ensuring compliance with policies and standards.
- Achieve companies’ profit and underwriting objectives for a specified portfolio.
- Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders including clients, brokers and re-insurers.
- Other responsibilities as they relate to the day-to-day business objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Post secondary education, University Degree, College diploma or equivalent experience.
- CIP or FCIP designation.
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in commercial property and casualty underwriting.
- Overall experience to financial management methods, insurance risk costs etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations.
- Ability to organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Excellent analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- 100% company paid benefits, Pensions plan, Transportation subsidy, Hybrid (2 days in and 3 days out), Core hours of 8.30 to 4.30 but flexibility accommodated.
- Salary range between $55K and $75K depending on experience.
Please quote Job Reference #36436
Please submit your resume directly to Terry Bhiladwala via email at email@example.com or call Terry directly at 780.944.1323
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We have over 45 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca