Associate Edmonton, AB
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Lauren Strate at email@example.com.
Our client a boutique financial advisory firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia who advises and assists both small and large businesses, provide counsel to owners, investors, senior management, security holders and others who require an unbiased assessment of a business has recently opened an office in Edmonton and is looking for a recently designated accountant or CPA candidate interested in a career in insolvency and restructuring to join the Edmonton practice.
The right candidate will be resilient, adaptable and able to fulfill a variety of roles within an engagement and the organization. Our client will provide the candidate with immediate exposure to a high level of responsibility therefore a self-starting can do attitude and ability to work without direct supervision is essential for success in this role.
Working directly with a licensed trustee you will assist in the planning and execution of insolvency engagements which will generally include:
- Negotiating with various stakeholders;
- Dealing with creditors, company management, employees and other stakeholders;
- Acting as controller or assisting the trustee in other interim management operational roles;
- Conducting various financial analysis; and
- Preparing reports and other correspondence.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for a newly designated CPA , CA or CPA candidate who is interested in pursuing a career in insolvency. No prior insolvency experience is required as the client will provide training and support to the right candidate.
We are looking for candidates with some business experience who fulfill the criteria below:
- CPA – CA designation with three years experience in a professional services firm or other business environment, this can include experience articling (or CPA – CGA, CPA , CMA, CPA with the equivalent professional experience);
- CPA Candidate who has work experience in an industry setting the client is an approved training office;
- Willing to obtain your CIRP designation and enroll in the National Insolvency Qualifications Program;
- Skills in problem solving, situational analysis, negotiation and business decision making;
- High level of technical competence in conducting financial analysis;
- Ability to prepare high-quality written communication;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and confident manner with stakeholders;
- Ability to prepare short-term cash flow projections and financial modeling skills;
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statement analysis;
- Ability to work either autonomously or with a team on a number of simultaneous projects;
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- This position may require significant travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan will be provided.
Please quote Job Reference #25663
To apply, please submit your resume, in Word format, directly to Lauren Strate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca