Accounting and Insolvency Associate Edmonton, AB
Fantastic opportunity available for a Junior Accounting or Finance professional that wants to peruse their CPA with a growing firm!
Our client is a boutique financial advisory firm who advises and assists both small and large businesses. They are seeking a Junior Accounting or Finance professional that is interested in getting their CPA and also interested in a career in insolvency.
You must be resilient, personable, adaptable and have an entrepreneurial and have the ability to fulfill a variety of roles within an engagement and the organization. You will be provided with immediate exposure to a high level of responsibility therefore a self-starting can do attitude and ability to work without direct supervision is essential for success in this role.
Working directly with a licensed trustee you will assist in the planning and execution of insolvency engagements which will generally include:
- Negotiating with various stakeholders;
- Dealing with creditors, company management, employees and other stakeholders;
- Acting as controller or assisting the trustee in other interim management operational roles;
- Conducting various financial analysis; and
- Preparing reports and other correspondence.
Skills and Experience
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- 1+ years of Accounting or Finance experience.
- No prior insolvency experience is required as training and support will be given to the successful candidate.
- Willingness to obtain CIRP designation and enroll in the National Insolvency Qualifications Program.
- Skilled in problem solving, situational analysis, negotiation and business decision making.
- High level of technical competence in conducting financial analysis; comprehensive understanding of financial statement analysis.
- Ability to prepare high-quality written communication.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and confident manner with stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare short-term cash flow projections and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work either autonomously or with a team on a number of simultaneous projects.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- This position may require significant travel.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits plan will be provided.
Please quote Job Reference #25663
Executrade is one of the largest and most comprehensive full-service recruitment firms in Western Canada, with 11 divisions and locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We have over 40 years of experience helping client companies and candidates achieve their business goals and vision. Our success is due to our people, the strong relationships we build, and the continuous and robust evaluation and refining of our recruitment and staffing processes.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca